The Rolling Pin is hiring for the Store Manager position. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday from 9am to 4pm. Pay rate starts at $20 per hour with room for advancement after 90 days.
The Store Manager must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can manage a wide range of different duties from day to day. Job duties may include:
- Providing customer service and sales to the public.
- Helping ADA customers shop from downstairs and on our website.
- Learning about and maintaining a working knowledge of the products we carry including the ability to explain usage and origin to customers.
- Answering questions for customers via phone and email.
- Maintaining and updating our E-Commerce store.
- Maintaining the email list for customers and sending regular emails using MailChimp.
- Researching interesting new items for the shop including locally made products and customer recommendations.
- Producing marketing materials using canva.com and posting to social media.
- Creating merchandise signage and eye-catching product displays.
- Opening and closing the shop including handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Making bank deposits and keeping the till change stocked correctly.
- Managing inventory including tracking inventory levels, placing wholesale orders, unpacking boxes, and entering new inventory into the computer system.
- Working directly with wholesale vendors via phone, email, or in person.
- Maintaining administrative records for the business including invoices and sales reports.
- Maintaining a clean and organized working environment including the shop, office, storage room, bathroom, floors, windows, and stairways.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous management experience.
- Graphic design skills.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Basic understanding of Intuit Quickbooks for tracking expenses/costs.
- Experience working with a point of sale.
- Experience handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and carry heavy boxes upstairs.
To Apply For This Job: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our indoor showroom is open to the public. Stop by Tuesday through Saturday between 10am and 4pm! You can also shop our full catalog online for store or curbside pickup. Plus, we have a full 360 degree virtual photo tour available so you can explore the shop from your own home!
Rolling Pin News
Original article by Kristina Lotz at Thurston Talk While you may lament the end of summer, fall is actually a wonderful time of year to hit the kitchen and create some healthy, homemade staples to keep your family full and happy all winter long. Feeling short on skills or inspiration? The Rolling Pin in Olympia has everything…
FEATURED ON THURSTON TALK BY KATHRYN MILLHORN Easter is just around the corner and truly kicks off the fullest delights of spring. At The Rolling Pin, they’re organizing gadgets and goodies galore to celebrate this floral season. Whether glazed ham or scalloped potatoes, chocolate eggs or bunny-shaped cookies, they’ll help you prep for the best meal…
FEATURED ON THURSTON TALK BY KATHRYN MILLHORN Time has little meaning in all the chaos that is 2020. But the holidays are coming and their arrival will bring a bright spot to an otherwise murky year. Make your list and check it twice then head to The Rolling Pin for all your kitchen and culinary needs. You…